Sensor Digital Design Lead - Camera Hardware
Apple Cupertino, CA
sensor digital digital design design lead hardware apple sensor team design sensors people apple products
June 14, 2023
Posted: Dec 16, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The Camera Electronics team develops image sensor and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that furthers engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. The team is looking for an exceptional Sensor Digital Design Lead to join the team.
- 10 years of digital design experience with image sensors and cameras.
- Be familiar with silicon design methodologies and tool flows.
- Hands on experience with silicon bringup, characterization and debug necessary.
- Knowledgeable enough in all aspects of sensor usage that they can productively work with and support the camera team.
- Familiar with image sensor manufacturing technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage and integration into camera systems.
Architect and design sensor control and readout schemes. Translate product requirements into sensor specifications. Trade off sensor specific issues against system limitations. Participate in system integration tasks such as interactions with the ISP, hardware, firmware and software teams. Creation of image capture infrastructure to evaluate performance of different sensor technologies. Help improve ERS documents for sensors. Work with internal teams to assure that documents meet needs. Evaluate next 1 gen sensor tech and work internally with cross functional teams to see if they make sense and are worthy of development. Present at meetings on sensor capabilities
Education & Experience
BS required / MS or PhD preferred
- Preferred Experience:
- Familiarity with general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Experience beyond image sensors in ALS, Proximity, MEMS and other sensors is a plus.
- Some travel may be necessary.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Report this job
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look