Remote Proposal Writer
Once Upon an RFP is a US-based Proposal Services Agency that supports B2B and B2G (Government) organizations' proposals-and RFP-based business development. We're hiring Proposal Consultants to join our team supporting a large Healthcare client. Our Consultants work remotely, can live anywhere in the US, and are offered a benefits package.
We are looking for seasoned Proposal Writers specifically, with experience in Health Insurance & Benefit Plans. RFP-based and proactive proposal writing experience in such a space is necessary.
This position is full-time, business hours, and requires flexibility to meet online with teams as needed on evenings and weekends.
Proposal Writers meet with the owner of each proposal within our client's business to discuss the solution, associated risks, pursuit team, content, previous proposals, and other sources to support draft development. Additionally:
- Manage proposal assignments from assignment to submission.
- Schedule and lead all calls, including kickoff, touch base, and draft reviews using web conferencing to enable screen shares.
- Thoroughly review proposal requirements, develop the timeline, and create the project plan and proposal template to comply with RFP response requirements.
- Create and manage the compliance matrix. Lead efforts to ensure compliance with RFx requirements.
- Populate proposal draft with content from the content library, create new content by reviewing product/service specifications or interviewing subject matter experts.
- Review and edit team content for spelling, grammar, accuracy, single voice, and consistency with win themes.
- Obtain approvals, including pricing and submittal approvals.
- Finalize proposal documents, ensuring the final is compliant with regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
- Submit proposals according to RFP directions.
- Experience writing proposals for medical insurance, including Vision and/or Dental, as well as Prescription plans.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, or a technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a professional proposal environment
- Advanced Microsoft 365 skills, including working with Themes and Styles in Word.
- Expert in working with .pdfs, including creating fillable forms, exporting docs from .pdf to other formats, and redacting files.
- Demonstrated success in creative and business writing skills.
- Ability to complete RFP responses, including coordinating activities with many departments and incorporating layman terms in the proposal.
- Project management experience, including organizing, planning, and scheduling.
- Able to work 100% remote, independently, and collaboratively with a team
- Reliable internet access and the ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality.
- Proposal automation software, such as Qvidian, RFPIO, Loopio, Qorus
- APMP Certification
The ideal candidate should be a quick learner in a complex environment. They should be comfortable working independently while utilizing downtime with continuous learning and improvement. Additionally, candidates must be comfortable managing the pressure of multiple proposals that may have similar or close deadlines.
At our Once Upon an RFP, we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or other characteristics protected by law. If you feel you have been discriminated against, please let your manager or Human Resources Department know as soon as possible. Every complaint will be appropriately investigated.
Similar jobs near me
- Operations Consultant: The Key to Sustainable Growth in Today's Business World
- Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Business Operations Specialists: Understanding Who Are They
- Obligatory Steps to Become a Business Operations Specialist
- Does a Business Operations Specialist Make Much Money?