Company Name:Foods Co.
Minimum Pay Range:
Maximum Pay Range:
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Responsible for clerk duties up to and including Receiving, Stocking, Commercial Bakery, Dairy, Frozen, General Merchandise, Grocery, Liquor, Meat/Seafood, Produce, Cake Decorator, Deli/Bakery and Night Crew. Assist assigned department(s) in reaching sales and profit goals established, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all local, state, federal laws, safety and food safety regulations, and Company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Inform customers of store specials and assist with their needs and requests.
- Recommend items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Perform Price Changes and ensure overall price integrity.
- Operate register, handle money, process coupons, tender payment and bag groceries for customers.
- Execute CAO and Key Retailing Programs and maintain sales floor and backroom standards.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, and lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds throughout shift.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Remove and return unsaleable merchandise to designated areas.
- Return unpurchased items back to the shelf.
- Collect shopping carts.
- Perform price verifications.
- Train for numerous departments and perform the specified tasks for whichever department assigned.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks or issues, customer or employee accidents and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Food 4 Less: At Food 4 Less, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they’re part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Food 4 Less is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Food 4 Less, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || Pittsburg || 300 Atlantic Ave || 94565 || Foods Co. || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None