Media Account Executive
Emerald is seeking a Media Account Executive to support the Impressions Online Publications. This includes our print publication and various online product offerings including Impressions Magazine, which is the official publication of The Impressions Expo. Impressions caters to the imprinted and decorated-apparel industry and focuses on everything from fashion blanks and promotional items to everything necessary to complete finished designs in screen and digital printing, heat transfer, embroidery, promotional items, and more.
As a Media Account Executive, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business as well as maintaining existing accounts. You’ll be selling digital, print, email, lead generation, and social media across our products as well as managing customer service media inquiries from advertisers, exhibitors, and others. In addition, you will work closely with the Content Director, Show Director, Global Food Group sales team, Impressions’ Senior Account Executive, Editorial, and Production teams to coordinate advertising fulfillment and ensure customer success.
Our Account Executives are consultative, data-informed, strategic sellers. They are embedded in the industries they support and are consistently innovating our products and approach to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
- Sell print and digital advertising to meet revenue goals with a focus on retention and building value for existing customers
- Effectively use CRM to monitor growth and performance, including maintaining customer details and creating accurate forecasts
- Continuously analyze the needs of current clients as well as new products and industry trends to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling
- Engage with influential and advocate accounts. Seek out opportunities to gain industry knowledge and understand market complexities
- Effectively relay customer feedback to the Impressions sales team and management to ensure a cohesive experience for customers
- Maintain an understanding of functions that interface with sales, including contracts/payments/collections, operations, marketing, and admin functions
- History of successfully meeting and exceeding sales targets for B2B print and digital media products
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and proactively identify resources to maintain industry knowledge; knowledge of the decorated apparel industry is a plus
- Active listener and persuasive communicator, with the ability to effectively translate client needs into competitive proposals and close sales
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully with multiple functional groups (marketing, editorial, etc.)
- Proactive, independent work style that demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and identify potential challenge areas with limited oversight
- Experience using a CRM dashboard to manage and prioritize work
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Teams
- Willing and able to travel overnight for up to 15-20% of the time
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $65-70,000 (Sales Incentive Eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]