Contracting Coordinator - Remote
This position is remote eligible. Candidates must be in the US and legally authorized to work. No sponsorships.
Please note: Previous travel industry experience is not required. If you feel like you are a fit please apply!
Road Rebel Global is a travel logistics support company, specializing in Sports and Entertainment. With more than 20 years of experience in managing travel arrangements for groups of all sizes and over 300 productions on the road each year, our client relationships remain unmatched. We work with road-savvy professionals to move their people and equipment by researching, locating, and negotiating the best value for housing, ground transportation, air travel, and freight. We provide the highest level of support to each client using our vendor leverage and unbeatable prices.
Keep it Real | Exude Gratitude | Be Positive | Effect Change | Level Up
Description of Duties
The Contracting Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the contracting process for travel accommodations within a demanding and fast-paced industry. Internal coordinators who have sourced and negotiated concessions, will hand off the process to the Contracting Coordinator to translate concessions in a contracted form. The Contracting Coordinator is responsible for receiving signatures from both the vendor and the clients, which can require continued and relentless follow up. This individual must have exceptional organizational skills in order to effectively prioritize many contracts with a multitude of different vendors, clients, concessions and deadlines. This individual must be personable and savvy on the phone, able to create a sense of urgency while building relationships. Strong negotiation skills are required to maintain the integrity of negotiated concessions, pivot appropriately when changes arise, and hold vendors accountable to client and company requirements. Additional traits include teamwork and enthusiastic participation in Road Rebel Culture.
- Communicate at a high level regarding all services and presented concessions.
- Act as liaison between internal coordinators, vendors and clients. Assist in any conflict resolution.
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented mentality are required.
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality with production/client information.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to ensure meticulous accuracy across all contracts.
- Ability to deal with high stress and/or fast-paced situations.
- Must be able to effectively describe Road Rebel’s services, purpose and advantages.
- Be adaptable and flexible to constantly changing requirements dictated by client-driven or other factors.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines, handle a diverse workload, and prioritize accordingly in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills a must – well versed and confident in all aspects of customer service.
- Available on call after hours for urgent client needs.
- Understand all forms of service requests for Air, Housing and Ground Travel and be able to Contract such requests.
- Ability to proof contracts: consolidating multiple contracts into one, translating legal jargon into layman’s terms.
- Maintain contact with clients, keep track of client projects and deadlines, assist in any conflict resolution
- Effectively navigate contractual impasse when terms conflict with each party needs.
- Resolve any issues that may derail meeting deadlines and delivery dates.
- Follow up post contracting:
- Provide rooming lists to vendors
- Perform check-in calls prior to client check in
- Fearless negotiating at the time of contract or when issues arise. Must be creative problem solver and solution oriented.
- Research best travel options in each city based on client needs and negotiate the lowest rates for sedan service, car rentals, freight, and air charters
- Be prepared to advise the clients about the best options in each city and help educate/guide them to make the best decisions for the production.
- Set realistic deadlines with production clients for completion of requests.
- Assist clients and suppliers with billing challenges when needed.
- Responsible for Industry knowledge: Hotel branding, lingo, common practices, etc.
- Constant relationship building with vendors, arranging site visits and in-house meetings.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a client-serving role
- Passion for building relationships
- Dynamic team player
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in travel, logistics, or hospitality industry a plus
Think you have what it takes? Send us a Cover Letter & Resume. Bonus points for creativity!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Monday to Friday
- $50,000.00 to $60,000.00
Note: This position is remote eligible. Candidates must be in the US and legally authorized to work. No sponsorships.