Data Analyst, Logistics
As a Data Analyst on Tesla's logistics team, you will be responsible for accessing, modeling, and visualizing data as a thought partner to the logistics team. You will work with the planning team and stakeholders in other organizations to identify key process and systems improvements required for scalability and efficiency. The role is expected to simultaneously handle multiple projects of department-level scale and global reach. To be a successful candidate for this role you have to be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience or capacity to build models, query data across multiple SQL databases, and conduct rigorous quantitative analysis.
- Generate data visualizations based on requirements from different stakeholders, including operations, finance, and other non-logistics business units.
- Work closely with operations team members to define, measure and track key performance indicators, measuring operational performance and outcomes.
- Conduct research and data collection as part of ad hoc analysis requests, enabling business and operations units to conduct data-driven root cause analysis.
- Analyze key drivers of logistics performance and identify prioritized actions for optimizing lane transit time and minimizing shipment re-routings and exceptions.
- Work closely with third party logistics providers to quantify milestones and goals, and develop reporting triggers based on partner performance.
- Determine optimal benchmarks to enable operations decision-making: for example, when to send low-density shipments.
- Support management with dashboards, KPIs and ad-hoc analyses.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, supply chain, data science, or mathematics; or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2 years' experience working with business systems, data analytics, or robust quantitative analysis.
- Exceptional analytical skills in logistics, data visualization, and the ability to derive important information from data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with technical team members is essential.
- Ability to query from large data sets in SQL, analyze and present data; accessible to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw logical and coherent conclusions.
- Programming (R, Python)
- Experience creating dashboards using Tableau (or similar) visualization tools
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.