Principal Systems Engineer -REMOTE
In our always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Commscope's One Cell Team is hiring Systems Engineer to join our Platform Team.
How You'll Help Us Connect The World:
As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will be instrumental in designing our product platform and the networking for our product to ensure that the product is fully aligned to well-known security standards. You will be focused on defining system requirements, working with our engineering development to influence the design of the system and collaborate with Quality Assurance to help verify the requirements for our 5G products. This role provides the opportunity to transform our current and upcoming products, and we will encourage you to apply any applicable groundbreaking technology in the product architecture and design. You will also work closely with customers (CSPs, enterprise, etc.) to understand their business needs and translate them into products/solutions. More specifically this includes:
- Define scalable and extensible architecture, system and feature requirements for all our Small Cell products.
- Work with multi-functional teams to review your architecture/design proposals and requirements. Assist engineering development and SVT(QA) to come up with estimates and review design documents and test plans from implementation team
- Engage in standard bodies/forums representing CommScope's interests.
- Engage with customers explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
- Engage with Product Team (PLM) for product requirements and with NPI (New Product Introduction/Sales Engineering) and Tech support teams for field support.
- Review and provide recommendations on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- The position may require some software development and testing during feasibility study and developing Proof of Concept (PoC).
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/Electronics & Communication or a related field with minimum 10 years of related experience. Master's Degree holders in a similar field with 8 years of relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience in wireless systems architecture and system design with development/coding experience.
- Experience in designing scalable systems in any wireless domain (3GPP/3GPP2/ORAN) or networking domain.
You will excite us if you have:
- Experience building platforms that hosts containerized applications in wireless and networking domain. Knowledge in micro services design (CNF), Cloud platforms, Service Oriented Architectures and building Cloud Native applications
- Experience in analytics and processing tools used in post processing & analyzing system performance data/operational measurement data.
- Knowledge about SQL & NOSQL databases, REST, SOAP/XML, JSON messaging formats and messaging frameworks.
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages like Java/C++. Familiarity with operating systems such as Linux/Unix
- Experience with scripting languages like SHELL, TCL, Perl, Python for test automation desirable.
- Knowledge of device management frameworks and protocols such as TR069, NETCONF, etc. and data models such as YANG, TR196, TR181 etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge in IP and related technologies including IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, L2/L3 Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, SIP, https, SSL/TLS.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting
Anticipated annual base salary range dependent on applicant's work location, experience and qualifications: $130,000 - $180,000
Perks & Benefits: The candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company's Annual Incentive Plan. This position also benefits from eligibility to participate in CommScope's Long-Term Incentive Plan ( LTIP ), as approved by CommScope's Compensation Committee.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what's next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future!
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next ..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at talentacquisition@. You can also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO policy at
Similar jobs near me
- Operations Consultant: The Key to Sustainable Growth in Today's Business World
- Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Business Operations Specialists: Understanding Who Are They
- Obligatory Steps to Become a Business Operations Specialist
- Does a Business Operations Specialist Make Much Money?