Tesla Summer Internship &#8211; EMEA Indirect Tax Team Internship in Cupertino
Location: Amsterdam Duration: 6 months Please note: in order to be eligible for this role, you have to be enrolled throughout the whole internship period The internship assignment You’ll be part of the EMEA Indirect Tax Team, which is a small but vital team at Tesla. Working directly for the EMEA VAT Manager within Tesla’s Indirect Tax Team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to make changes and improvements to our processes. There’ll also be the possibility for you to get involved in indirect tax project work. Moreover, you’ll assist the Indirect Tax team in the preparation of indirect tax reports, prepare EU VAT refund requests and various projects related to indirect tax/VAT compliance. As such, you’ll learn to work together with the team members to prepare and draft reliable reports, to follow up on any unclarified figures, keep track of deadlines for VAT refund applications and to make sure the processes run smoothly.
- Learn how to maintain both internal relationships and external relationships with our third party advisor/compliance provider.
- Developing solid understanding of the impact of VAT in daily operations.
- Support the VAT Analysts with the preparation of Audit requests.
- Improve analytical skills through analysis of VAT reports from our systems .
- Providing analysis of existing compliance process to ensure effective option, and understand and respond to process shortages.
- Carefully track deadlines for VAT refund applications.
- Fluency in English.
- The ability to keep an overview and improve processes.
- Currently enrolled, preferably in a relevant degree such as Economics, Fiscal Law, Accounting, Data analysis with a focus on Taxation.
- Capable of working in a fast paced and always changing environment.
- Proactive work mentality.
- A strong team player.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving oriented.