Anthem Intern Program Development Director in Simi Valley
The Strategy & Program Development Director is in charge of Anthem s 1-3 provider enablement programmes, including their development, go-to-market, client implementation, and adoption, in order to help and accelerate provider performance and acceptance across the Value Based Care risk continuum. To ensure growth and compliance, they will cultivate ties between business units and internal partners.
- Develop product strategy and roadmap tied to the overall Value Based Solutions multi-year plan.
- Partner with product managers, technology partners, vendors, use case owners and other project teams to achieve superior execution of product strategy in the marketplace.
- May lead effort or manage project teams in the implementation of regional and company-wide initiatives including product/capabilities expansion, impact analysis, network/provider changes/ medical management program and policy initiatives, etc.
- Assist in creating company s strategic and annual plans.
- Support the development of short and long-term strategic product plans in support of market, sales, and profitability objectives.
- Research new ventures and prospective revenue expansion opportunities.
- Identify system needs to support short and long-term product strategy in alignment with Voice of Customer / Provider.
- Monitor related legislation and advises senior management relative to compliance.
- Track individual product performance by ROI / Impact analysis, adoption in the market, benefit design, market segment and geography.
- Knowledge and experience in the products and services of the respective industry strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated, accountable and self-directed; very organized, driving flexibility / adaptable to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- Action-oriented, hands-on and with demonstrated experience in an innovative, fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel may be required.
- Proven experience developing and implementing new products with provider facing groups.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including 5 years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong negotiation skills to drive collaborative resolution.
- Foster strong positive relationships at all levels of the organization, maintaining environment within team of mutual education and support.
- Clear understanding of strategic imperatives, ability to understand alignment and identify inter-connections across multiple teams and functions.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to appropriately package and deliver messaging, as well as interpret and traffic feedback effectively.
- Effective in managing complex issues and navigating matrixed organizations, with demonstrated ability to execute.
- Extensive experience with product management function, preferably in healthcare sector.
- MBA preferred.