Tesla Summer Internship &#8211; Energy Service &#8211; Field Quality Engineer in Newport Beach
Tesla Newport Beach,, US
energy engineer analysis energy failure analysis power electronics electronics batteries sql engineering team coordinate root cause analysis
March 23, 2023
Newport Beach,, US
The Energy Field Quality Team is responsible for all field failures of Tesla Energy components. This means we identify when a part has or soon will fail, coordinate the return of the part, facilitate failure analysis and root cause analysis, then ensure we permanently fix the issue by creating, implementing, and tracking resolutions. Products include Megapack and Supercharges, and components are anything from advanced power electronics and batteries to fans and pumps. In this internship you will get to work with a variety of teams, from design to manufacturing to field technicians, while solving challenging problems and ensuring our products continue to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Perform advanced SQL queries to provide insight into failures and failure trends.
- Interact with multiple teams to determine root cause of failures.
- Perform analysis on product data to develop understanding of failure conditions and signatures.
- Facilitate or perform failure analysis on returned components.
- Currently working towards a relevant program such as Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on experience on power electronics or batteries is a strong plus.
- Experienced in SQL or Python.
Report this job