Backend Engineer (Django/Python) - Remote
At HVN, we're building the future of travel with a new category of stay - private havens' that bring together the best of hospitality and home. Our advanced end-to-end technology empowers professional trip designers to deliver inspiring and immersive residential experiences across hundreds of thousands of private apartments, homes, suites, villas, and novelty stays worldwide.
HVN is hiring for a remote-first engineering team and seeking a talented software engineer fluent in Python to join us in our mission to help everyone find their haven and feel at home in the world.
As a key member of HVN's growing technology team, you will have a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in travel. Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of various new features, from database modeling and API design through implementation, in collaboration with frontend-focused full-stack engineering colleagues
- Backend engineering in Django and GraphQL for customer and partner-facing interfaces, including dynamic pricing systems, search, payments, and more
- Expanding and optimizing our modular in-house property data pipeline (Django/Python) to implement new features and supplier connectivity
- Developing custom tools for orchestrating data ingestion and monitoring data quality
- Working closely with technical and non-technical colleagues to unleash new trip design workflows and bring one-of-a-kind haven experiences to life
- Encouraging and supporting the development of an empathic, creative, cross-disciplinary, and excellence-driven culture throughout the organization
Our open and dynamic engineering culture offers broad opportunities to work on self-initiated projects and learn and contribute to different parts of the stack. If you have full-stack or machine learning interest, we'll be excited to explore potential projects together.
This position is full-time and remote, open to candidates with at least 4 hours overlap with the EST time zone. Great candidates are detail-oriented self-starters with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Coursework or equivalent practical experience in data structures and algorithms
- Fluent in Python with 3+ years of professional experience coding in that language, as well as deep knowledge of Django or a similar web framework
- Experience working on software engineering problems related to large-scale web data extraction and data processing
- Familiarity with relational database modeling, refactoring, unit testing, source control, and scalable software engineering practices
- (Optional) Exposure to applied machine learning and/or distributed systems
- (Optional) Frontend experience with any modern framework
- Strong English communication skills
- Excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment and to mentor, learn from, and grow with team members from diverse and cross-disciplinary backgrounds
You'll be joining at a formative time, with the opportunity to innovate in a fast-growing industry, alongside an extended HVN family that deeply cares about your personal and professional growth.
How To Apply
Please upload a résumé and cover letter at . After our initial review, a member of the HVN team will reach out with next steps should we decide to move forward in the process together!