Automation Senior Project Manager [REMOTE]
Automation Senior Project Manager [REMOTE]
- Job ID: 71043257
- Job Family: Customer Service
- Location: Irwindale, CA US
- Other Locations:
- Salary: 129,300-193,900 Non-Represented
This base pay range is for a pay grade that encompasses this position and a variety of other positions at the company. The pay offered to the successful candidate may vary depending on the position and multiple individualized factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.Represented IBEW Local 47
This pay range represents the rates of pay for step 1 to the maximum step for this position. The pay range and the specific pay for the successful candidate are determined in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Southern California Edison Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47.
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Automation Senior Project Manager at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll act as a subject matter expert in digital automation and lead the strategy, planning, development, and implementation of Customer Service Digital Labor automation projects. You will lead the day-to-day activities and guide the team through the development life cycle of each process automation. While striving to bring new digital capabilities to Customer Service, you will work across the organization and facilitate workshops, provide program updates, business case development, financial cost-benefit analysis, and lead process re-engineering workshops. Act as a consultant to Senior-level leadership on key operational & service excellence initiatives and strategic plans as Digital Automation is a key piece of SCE’s strategic plan. In addition, you will help integrate other stakeholder initiatives, projects, and strategies to ensure alignment for Digital Labor Automation.
As a Senior Project Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Develop strategy and maturation of the Customer Service Digital Labor Automation team.
- Plan and facilitate activities to clarify, refine, and/or build vision, mission, and strategy.
- Lead ongoing strategic analysis to understand customer perspectives, internal and external environments, trends, standard processes, company goals, and value gaps.
- Keep abreast of changing regulations, company initiatives, digital capabilities, benchmark findings in a new technology space and mitigate constraints that could impact the developed strategy.
- Own the development and operationalization of the Customer Service Digital Labor team to ensure the capability is matured and that committed goals and targets are met.
- Lead project team using established project management disciplines such as Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Lead project resources (labor & non-labor) and budget to meet strategic and project objectives.
- Develop, recommend and/or approve complex business decisions.
- Speak and present in external and internal conferences and meetings to share best-practices and lessons-learned.
- Set priorities and define individual and team performance metrics. Track and monitor progress across digital portfolio. Identify training needs and improvement opportunities.
- Ten or more years of program and/or project management experience.
- Experience leading and implementing digital capability solutions (robotics process automation (RPA) and/or robotic desktop assist (RDA) projects).
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, and Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Info Sys, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study.
- PMP, LEAN Six-Sigma, LEAN, Agile, SCRUM.
- SDLC implementations.
- Strong experience leading technology projects.
- Management Consulting experience.
- Experience in facilitating and leading process re-engineering efforts.
- Customer Service Operations (front and/or back-office functions).
- Experience developing business strategy; development of roadmaps, business cases, RFP’s, RFI’s.
- Experience leading projects with 3rd parties (consultants); development and management of SOW’s and PO’s.
You should know
- The position’s work mode is remote. Employee is able to work primarily at home or remote however, the employee may be expected to come to an SCE facility on occasion. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Hiring organizations can add further requirements related to specific jobs. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.