Giveffect provides the #1 all-in-one software platform exclusively for nonprofits. We offer fundraising, events, online donations, volunteer management, donor management, marketing, constituent relationship management software, and more. We are well positioned for rapid expansion in the coming years and have garnered top industry recognition for our platform.
*Position Summary: *
The Marketing manager is responsible for working with social media specialists and cross-functionally with sales, client success, and product teams to create strategy & manage the budget, drive content, campaigns, events, enablement, product messaging, and positioning. In this role, you will need to understand the nonprofit space, potential clients, their pain-points, our software, and how it can help nonprofits raise more funds, save costs and improve productivity. Note that the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility is required.
*Ideal Candidate: *
We’re looking for people who find fulfillment in a role that’s empowering nonprofits to be more effective and accomplish more.
- You have experience with creating marketing strategy from the ground up and managing the budget.
- You have experience with building a marketing team, including hiring and training.
- You get excited about the creation of positioning and messaging for kickass software that helps Nonprofits to raise more funds, save costs and improve productivity.
- You are an ambitious, energetic person who is tired of office politics and wants to advance your career quickly.
- You thrive in small teams.
- You are not afraid of wearing many hats and are willing to experiment.
- You are very organized.
- Develop a solid understanding of the nonprofit space, potential clients, their pain points, as well as the Giveffect software and its value proposition
- Create Marketing Strategy including social media, content, email marketing, digital advertisement that is fully integrated with business and revenue goals and align with pipeline generation targets
- Develop, execute hiring & training strategy for marketing team
- Plan, budget, launch, and scale the overall marketing presence and brand-awareness
- Manage and work together with Social Media specialist on your marketing strategy execution
- Create prospect-facing content including datasheets, e-books, demo videos, and more across all funnel stages
- Create compelling and easy to understand internally facing content including sales enablement training, FAQs, and cheat sheets
- Support the Sales teams with enablement, presentations, case studies, and content
- Support the Client Success team with webinars and content
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS
- Experience with creating marketing strategy from the ground up and managing the budget
- Experience with advertising tools - Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads Manager
- Experience crafting compelling positioning and messaging content
- Hands-on capability to build a range of marketing assets, including eBooks, case studies, videos, and event/webinar content
- Ability to develop effective sales training materials, making it easy for sales to understand our product offerings and key positioning
- Exceptional organizational skills to define and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player
- Possess 'think on your feet' capability
- Communication: Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills
- Four-year degree preferred
- English fluency is required
Additional desirable skills:
- Experience working for/with nonprofits.
- Experience using typical competitor’s software like Blackbaud (Raiser's Edge, eTapestry, Luminate, Convio, OneCause), Salesforce, Neon, Virtuous, Greater Giving, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Volgistics, Volunteer Hub, Cervis, CiviCore, Classy, Network for Good, etc.
- We are looking for a good cultural fit. We work hard and expect very professional results, however, we have an informal tech startup culture. We communicate with each other most often via Slack, and blue jeans/comfortable attire is the day-to-day dress code. Of course, business casual when appropriate (like virtual meetings with clients or when attending, sponsoring, and exhibiting at conferences which we do annually aside from 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19). We take our work very seriously, but with each other, we have an environment of casual conversation and humor when it is not about the work at hand.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, typically 9-6
Work Remotely: Temporary due to COVID-19. From summer/fall 2022 working in hybrid environments with 2-3 days in the office
Giveffect focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, B2B, and CRM. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.giveffect.com or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.