CDC Corporate Sales and Advisory - Relationship Manager
At U.S. Bank, we're on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at-all from Day One.
The Relationship Manager position is part of the Corporate Sales and Advisory (CSA) team within USBCDC. Corporate Sales and Advisory provides banking products and services to our Affordable Housing, Environmental Finance, New Markets and Specialty Finance customers within USBCDC.
The Relationship Manager will report to the Managing Director of Corporate Sales and Advisory and will work closely with staff across the team, USBCDC and U.S. Bank. The Relationship Manager position represents an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor to a growing business line within USBCDC. Candidates will be able to combine their experience in banking and finance with a passion for impact investing and economic development across the country.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Source new business through establishing and deepening relationships with existing clients, and prospecting new clients.
- Advise on, sell and make appropriate referrals for bank products and services, to those prospects and clients, including working capital, loan capital markets, FX, equipment and trade finance, deposits, payments, equipment and trade finance, custody and trust, and wealth management.
- Coordinate with USBCDC product areas, including USBCDC Deposit & Payment Solutions team, in relationship management of customers.
- Prepare and deliver customized bank product presentations.
- Underwrite a prospective borrower's ability to repay loans/facilities with in-depth analysis of financial performance and credit quality, within assigned limits, as necessary.
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years or more of relevant commercial banking experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong business development and relationship management experience and skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships
- Thorough understanding of a broad range of banking products and services
- Ability to independently service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Skilled in use of various prospecting and data tools, including Salesforce, nCino, Alteryx, Power B.I.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts
- Well-developed analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial banking and lending/underwriting experience, including financial statement analysis skills.
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members' whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $125,715.00 - $147,900.00 - $162,690.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.