Security Engineer SME (Remote with Travel)
Tuva, an Akima Company, provides turnkey solutions that offer better systems, tools, and methods to further your goals, reduce costs, and streamline operations. From requirements analysis, design, and implementation to operations and training Tuva's personnel are well-versed in best practices across enterprise IT, mission support Services, and specialized technologies. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- The Security Engineer SME position will provide support for the other SME tasks in N3G System Architecture, System Engineering Support, and Agile Software Development Support.
- Coordinates with CJIS security policies and supporting the Agile development teams and the systems teams.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in system architecture, systems engineering, or security architecture.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of providing technical guidance on security architecture development, secure software development methodologies, techniques and best practices; reviewing and evaluating new or enhanced development methods for security implications and providing recommendations for their use, with particular emphasis on public cloud providers.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience reviewing and evaluating system designs and architectures for potential security weaknesses and providing recommendations on mitigations.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Building and maintaining security systems.
- Obtaining detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system Security.
- Security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Understanding the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related Protocols.
- Top Secret Security Clearance with ability to attain SCI.
- Prior work experience with the Federal Government, particularly with the FBI.
- Current security certification such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or the Certified Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP).
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look