Software Engineering Manager
At U.S. Bank, we're on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at-all from Day One.
Data Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Work closely with Business Users, Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to support solution delivery and roadmaps by building the data architecture that informs and drives insights
- Proactively drive the vision for Data Analytics across a product vertical, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability
- Build a high-quality Data Engineering team and design the team to scale
- Build, manage, and migrate Data Lake platforms to Cloud, Open Source and Big Data platforms
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years of relevant technical experience
- Five or more years of leading a software engineering team
- Experience in managing team of Data Engineers
- Strong analytical, product management, tactical planning and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all parties involved in the product team (engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors, customers, etc.)
- Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with business users - handling business requests, and managing stakeholder relationship
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Data Lake, and Business Intelligence
- Background in distributed systems and cloud - Hadoop, Azure
- Experience in programming languages - Python, Scala, Spark
- Experience in Informatica PowerCenter, and BDE/DEI
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, PowerBI is a plus
- Strong SQL skills for data analysis and validation.
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members' whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $139,995.00 - $164,700.00 - $181,170.00
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.